Friday, April 3, 2009

Because You Care...

Sometimes, I wonder why I blog.

I don't consider my life particularly blog-worthy, as nothing much out of the ordinary seems to happen. If my blog were a food, it would be Wonder Bread. If my blog were a beverage, it would be a two-liter Diet Coke that gets put back into the fridge after SOMEONE else in the house opens it, drinks half, then doesn't screw the lid on tight. If my blog were a movie, it would be a Lifetime Original...only without a plot, good acting, or costume changes. If my blog were a medicine, it would be Tylenol PM. If my blog were an article of clothing, it would be the the ratty flip-flops in the back of the closet. Not quite horrible enough to throw away, but definitely not cute enough to continue wearing.


And yet still, I blog.


Maybe because it's cheaper than therapy. Maybe because I don't want to have yet another item on my list of Things I Have Started With Great Intentions but in Reality, I Suck At. (see Body Jam Class, Dieting, Keeping Mouth Shut, et all). Maybe because blogging keeps me in the game of writing, and giving up on it would mean the last nail in the coffin of my dream to write my own book. Maybe I just want to guilt all of you whose blogs I read and comment on to keep coming back here, even though you are thinking, "If she posts one more stupid rambling story, then gives us a picture of her kid, like that's supposed to make it all better, I am going to scream!"


Whatever the reason, I will continue to blog. Because I do like it. When I remember. (darn you, Facebook!)


In other news: I am currently waiting in the only sit-down restaurant in the Orange County airport for my flight, which was supposed to leave twenty minutes ago, but is instead leaving in about two hours. I really don't care when it leaves, as long as I get to see my familia tonight. I have been in California working since Sunday afternoon, and am more than ready to be home. The weather here has been pretty cold. I think that is a total rip, because I LEFT COLD in Idaho. Here it is supposed to be sunny and allow me to work on my tan at the hotel pool when I am done with my job for the day. It's the law!

My next business trip is in four weeks to Chicago. I am really looking forward to that one, as it will be my first solo business trip and conference. Now if I can only lose about 75 lbs before then....

Actually, on the weight loss front, things are going well. I am into week three of The Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise, and am loving it. At last, I have found something that I can do, not feel deprived, eat normal food, and still lose weight. At last measurement, I have lost about three inches off my waist in three weeks. I was down almost five pounds before my trip, but we will see what the scale has to say when I get home. I usually always gain at least 2 lbs on a business trip, even when I eat right and work out every day. Something to do with the space/time continuum and a train leaving Boston at the same time a car leaves Jersey and the fact that some of my favorite restaurants in the world are right by my hotel. Or something. I forget.


I hope that you all are enjoying Spring and have a great Easter if I don't blog before then--which I may not, seeing as how much of my time this next week will be spent peeling an almost four year old gremlin off me (where she attaches herself as soon as I get home) and celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary on Friday. Go, Us! And they said it wouldn't last....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, 17 years ago. I can remember the all night drive to almost have a heart attack when I thought I lost your wedding ring. No, Roger, I don't want to put it in the coat pocket. But no, he was more comfortable than me having on my pinky where I could see it. Awww the memories! Congrats lovebirds!

Anonymous said...

Hi Missy - I just looked at my own damned blog that I haven't bothered to write anything on since FEBRUARY 16. I, too, struggle with what to write, do people really care about my inane issues, am I really just using this as a place to complain, etc. I can tell you this - I always enjoy your rambling. And you really are funny. I like the part about your favorite restaurants near the hotel - "or something like that. I forget." You make me laugh so - you can rest assured that at least one person is reading and laughing, right?! You inspire me to write something on my blog - but not tonight. I've worn myself out writing this comment on YOUR blog. Thanks for doing your thing - it made me smile.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary, Happy Easter, and all that good stuff! And keep writing when you feel like it, or when you don't feel like it, or whenever--just keep writing. We'd miss you if you left.

PS: moved my blog. I'm now a wordpresser--http://starvingwritenow.wordpress.com. I like the layout there better and I can add more things--once I figure out how to work it!