Monday, March 3, 2008

Sick Freak

Last Monday, I came down with the flu. Not to be left out, on Tuesday, my husband joined me. Yesterday, our son had a temperature of 102. As of now, our daughter is just onery, not sickly.

My friends, I am here to testify that this strain of the flu, KICKMYBUTTUS in Latin, is horrendous. Fever, chills, aches--check. Coughing, runny nose, head filled with cotton--check. Fatigue so intense that it makes the early days of my pregnancies look like I was running on espresso? Check. This is the worst sickness I have had in probably my entire adult life. While my husband and I are finally on the mend, we have heard from our doctor that some people are taking up to two weeks to get over this. And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it once you get it--other than ride it out.

Oh, and in case you don't hear about this in the news, because you really won't---the flu shot will not protect you this year, because the shot was for a different strain other than the one currently spreading across the country.

Please everybody....wash your hands frequently, stay away from anyone remotely sick, and get plenty of Vitamin C. You really really really do not want this.

Stay healthy, my friends. I will be back when I recover fully. (physically...we aren't waiting for the mental recovery, because that could be awhile.)

p.s. We aren't contagious anymore, so if anyone wants to come help me with the Laundry Pile That Can Be Seen From Space, let me know.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Sorry, baby, got my own Space Pile. I got better for a day, then WHAM! I'm barking so loud male seals have been knocking on the door wanting a quickie.

Missie said...

No matter how good of friends we are, there are certain aspects of your personal life that need to remain just that...personal. No offense, but the visual your comment gave me may haunt me for the rest of my life.

Jujube said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Jujube said...

Thank you for those words.

I would never kick anyone's butt! :p

StarvingWriteNow said...

I'd love to do your laundry, but my back decided to do the funky chicken on me and I've been attached to the heat pad (with Darvocet on the side) the past couple of days. Oy. Let's just blame all this craziness on that Lunar eclipse awhile back. Yep, it's aaalllll the moon's fault.

Anonymous said...

I know all about that laundry pile! I hear you on being sick - I've had a nasty, nasty head cold for over a week now. Everyone in our valley, it seems, is or has recently been sick. Thank God spring is on the way - though you wouldn't know it by the 25 degree weather today. At least the sun is out and is giving me hope! I hope you all feel better soon - thanks for stopping by the blog!

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

That totally sucks!

Get some rest my friend. If nothing else, sleep on the laundry pile.